In its original form, the U.P. Vanguard started as a fraternity (the “Diamonds and Studs” fraternity) in 1922 composed of those enrolled in both Basic and Advance ROTC courses. On 29 March 1952, it was further revitalized as an alumni organization composed of graduates of the UP ROTC Advance Courses, and in 1963 was incorporated as a non-stock, non-profit corporation.
Since its founding, it has had a long fruitful history of partnership in nation building, contributing both to the national and university cause. It has produced some of the top men in the military, government, and the private sector.
The UP Vanguard Incorporated has initiated a series of fundraisers for the production and acquisition of supplies, provisions, and services for our frontliners and stranded students in UP Diliman and UP Los Baños.