The Global Academy on Migration and Development (GAMD) is a strategic partnership
of multi-stakeholder practitioners implementing policies on migration and development in origin and destination countries.
A Strategic Partnership
The Global Academy on Migration and Development (GAMD) is a global network of practitioners from civil society organizations (CSOs), national and local governments, academe and private sector with an extensive expertise implementing and supporting migration and development initiatives in destination and origin countries worldwide.
ATIKHA, from Philippines covering the Southeast and Middle East Asian Migration Corridor.
AFFORD, the African Foundation for Development is an international organization with a strong presence in Africa
BASUG, a diaspora organization active in Netherlands, Germany and Bangladesh.
FEDERACION ZACATECAS promoting and executing in Mexico the successful Development Program 3 x 1.
IMPRESA ETNICA, a civil society organization based in Italy building a worldwide entrepreneurial network.
Within the framework of the Global Forum of Migration and Development (GFMD) and on behalf of the Federal Government of Germany – as Co-Chair with Morocco of the 2017 GFMD Summit – the Global Leadership Academy and the GIZ (German Development Cooperation) launched the unique Migration Lab.
The Migration Lab brought together 33 migration experts from 18 different countries and sectors to enable new perspectives and to facilitate the co-creation of ideas and innovative practices towards a migration that benefits all actors in society.
The Global Academy on Migration and Development (GAMD) is one of the eight concrete proposal of the Migration Lab to fill-in the gap in the implementation of policies on migration and development among the governments, business, international development agencies, NGOs and diaspora organisations.
Who Are We?
We are a pool of practitioners from CSOs, governments, academe and private sector with expertise in implementing and/or supporting migration and development initiatives – from policies to actions, from national to local levels – in destination and origin countries.
What is Our Vision
To be the leading network of migration and development practitioners engaged in capacity building, knowledge exchange, and action research that will contribute to the development of the migrants, their families and communities in origin and destination countries.
What is Our Mission
Implementing migration policies into actions
What Do We Provide?
Knowledge Exchange and Training on Migration and Development.
- Peer to Peer Learning: Sharing and learning from different multi-stakeholder migration initiatives from pre-departure, on-site to return phase.
- Migration Stakeholder Consultation: Sharing of current situation, gaps and challenges and coming up with shared mission and programs to address the challenges.
- Global Field Schools for migration and development practitioners
A DIFFERENT WAY OF WORKING!
- Use of Professional Dialogue techniques in all our training sessions.
- Participated by different migration stakeholders from national and local government, CSOs and private sector.
- Includes mentoring and training of trainers and training of project implementors depending on the needs of the migration stakeholders